sexta-feira, novembro 21, 2008

New Baby

Yesterday I was in the shaping bay with DJ Kane to see in loco one of my two new babies being born.
It started off as big, fat, rough and ugly blank..

And after 4 hours of hand shaping and 413 photos later, it became this amazing beauty



This new baby is a single fin hull 6´0´´x 21 1/2 x 2 7/8
Being able to see this whole transformation made me realize the amazing talent that DJ has. At the age of 20 DJ is for me a master shaper/craftsman, a very sensitive human being and a connaiseur of both the history of surfing and also European history.
His interpretation of a surfboard performance goes beyond the "normal" boundaries. Watching him shape also made me realize the focus that he has, even after being so tired because of all the shaping that he has been doing.
And today my second baby will be born ( 5´8´´twin keel)
Once again Thank You so much DJ
Aloha and Mahalo for reading

2 comentários:

Rui disse...

that's one sick board!
DK did a great work.

Rui disse...

that's one sick board!
DK did a great work.